Motorcycle Insurance in Florida
If you are on the market for motorcycle insurance, we can help you find the best policy here at Zenith Insurance Group. There are many ways that having motorcycle insurance can protect you, whether it is required or not. There are many policies that are like auto insurance policies. Policies can protect you if you are involved in an accident regardless if it is your fault or not. They are also great to have because they can protect you from possible lawsuits.
Motorcycle Insurance Laws Florida
Florida has different requirements when it comes to motorcycle owners and insurance. It does require riders to wear helmets under the age of 21 as well as eye protection. You must also obtain personal injury protection and you are required to meet a certain financial threshold in the event an injury was to occur. You must make sure to obtain at least $10,000 in medical benefits as well.
Motorcycle Recommended Coverage
While liability coverage is not required in the state of Florida, you should at least obtain the following as a good starting point:
- Bodily injury coverage of at least $10,000 for each person
- Bodily injury coverage of at least $20,000 for each accident
- Property damage coverage of at least $10,000
You should also consider getting:
- Collision coverage- This coverage will help with the costs of repairs and replacements if you run into an object or involved in an accident with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage- This coverage will protect you from wind damage, theft, and even vandalism.
- Towing- This coverage will cover up to certain costs for towing if you need assistance to a repair center.
Please give us a call or visit our Zenith Insurance Group website today if you are in need of a motorcycle insurance quote. We will walk you through the process and make sure that you have the best policy that fits your needs.