At Zenith Insurance Group, we provide boat insurance to residents of Florida. We are here to provide you with tips ahead of the hurricane season for optimal protection of your watercraft.
How To Prepare Your Boat For Hurricane Season
When Is Hurricane Season In Pinellas County, Florida?
Powerful storms batter the Florida coast every hurricane season, bringing unpredictable weather, strong winds, and heavy rains. The Atlantic Hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30, but storms outside this timeframe can occur.
For Pinellas County boaters, taking the proper steps to protect their vessels is critical.
How Can Pinellas County Residents Protect Their Boats?
While hurricanes pose a threat to boats along the Florida coast, there are actions boat owners can take to protect their investment in their boats.
- If you can trailer the boat, bring it out of the water and inland as part of an evacuation plan.
- Remove all loose items from the deck, including small equipment such as outboard motors, sails, and expensive electronics, and store them somewhere safe.
- Secure and lock all hatches, ports, and windows.
- Fully charge all batteries and turn off electronics, except for bilge pumps.
- If keeping the boat in the water, add extra dock lines. Give your anchor or dock lines more leeway than usual to accommodate rising waters.
- Before hurricane season, purchase boat insurance from a reliable agency such as Zenith Insurance Group.
Even after making these preparations, never attempt to ride out a severe storm aboard your boat. These dangerous weather events are unpredictable and intense.
Can Boat Insurance Help?
Hurricanes are unpredictable, and even the best preparations can fail. Boat insurance through a seasoned, reliable agency such as Zenith Insurance Group will protect your vessel. Ultimately, boat insurance is the best way for boaters to protect their investment from loss during severe weather.
Contact Us Today
If you want to prepare for hurricane season, reach out to the Zenith Insurance Group team today. Our professional agents understand boaters’ needs and will help you understand your coverage options.